At Roots Chiropractic, we are passionate about our community and it’s health! This month, we are teaming up with Covenant Cupboard. CC is a Greenwood Village food pantry that has served our community for more than 25 years. Their mission is to help our struggling neighbors and we are excited to be able to help! Let’s work together and fill the pantry! Help your community and help yourself get healthier all at the same time. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Did you know?
- Nearly 1 in 7 Coloradans struggle with hunger, facing times when there is not enough money to buy food.
- (U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2012-2014 average in Household Food Security in the United States in 2014, September 2015)
- Nearly 1 in 8 Coloradans live in poverty, including more than 1 in 7 kids.
- (U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey: Poverty, September 2015)
- Nearly 1 in 5 Colorado kids may not always know when or where they will get their next meal.
- (Colorado Children’s Campaign, 2015 KIDS COUNT in Colorado!, March 2015)
- More than 1 in 7 Colorado seniors struggle with hunger, often leading to choices between food and medication.
- (James Ziliak and Craig Gunderson, The State of Senior Hunger in America 2013: An Annual Report, Prepared for the National Foundation to End Senior Hunger, May 2015)
- Among all Colorado children, those under the age of 6 are most likely to be in poverty. They also are most at risk of living in homes without enough food.
- (Colorado Children’s Campaign, 2014 KIDS COUNT Colorado!, March 2014; Colorado Children’s Campaign, 2011 KIDS COUNTColorado!, 2011)
- More than 1 in 4 working families in Colorado do not have enough food to meet their basic needs.
- (Census Bureau, American Community Survey 2011, September 2012)
- About 23,500 veterans in Colorado live in households that participated in food stamps at some point during the past 12 months.
- (Center of Budget Policies and Priorities, SNAP Helps Roughly 1.7 Million Struggling Veterans, November 2014)
And the sad fact is those numbers are rising.
Here’s how you can help others while helping yourself:
* New Patients: Bring 5 items (your first visit) during the food drive dates and you will receive 50% off of our Chiropractic Health Assessment (CHA includes Chiropractic Consultation, Neurological Examination, Digital Motion X—Rays and Report of Findings)
* Existing Patients: Bring 5 items (on one visit) during the food drive dates and you will receive ONE FREE Chiropractic Health Assessment Voucher (CHA includes Chiropractic Consultation, Neurological Examination, Digital Motion X—Rays and Report of Findings) for one friend or family member of your choice.
Bring 20 items (on one visit) during the food drive dates and you will receive ONE FREE adjustment. (**Only 1 free adjustment per existing patient. See front desk for further details.)
Items to be donated: *canned foods (unexpired), non-perishable items, cleaning & disinfecting supplies however, NO glass jars, please.
Thank you for your participation! Let’s make a difference together!