In October, we hosted our first annual food drive. It was a great success! We are so thankful to all who were able to contribute. We are also glad that so many were able to take advantage of our offers and help themselves get healthier, as well! If you have the means, and want to help more, here is the information on the Greenwood Village area food pantry:
Presbyterian Church of the Covenant
5400 South Yosemite Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Phone: (720) 841-5129
The pantry is open for distributing food to new and registered clients on Fridays from 1:00-4:00 pm, and for volunteering and donations on Fridays from 8:30-4:00 (unless otherwise noted).
With November already here, we thought it would be important to continue our focus on service and our community. Here’s a list of ideas to get you started!
- Assemble “Homeless Blessing Bags” – we have done this in the past…our bags were ziplock bags filled with shampoos/travel soaps we had collected from hotel stays, small snacks lick granola bars, bottled water, etc. We would keep them in our car and driving through downtown Denver we would had them out at stoplights. Or you could drop off at a local church or shelter.
- Pick up garbage from local roadways, communities or trails
- Make cookies for your neighbor
- Send cards to a retirement community or nursing home
- Make a thank you note to someone you are grateful for
- Donate supplies to a local animal shelter
- Make kindness rocks and hide them in your neighborhood
- Open the door for someone and hold it
- Tip big the next time you eat out
- Forgive someone you haven’t been able to yet
- Write a thank you note to your mail carrier
What ideas for Thanks and Giving do you have?
Have a wonderful November!